Your engagement session is the perfect opportunity for us to get to know each other a little better! Having this practice run behind my camera will help you relax, and know what to expect on the day of your wedding. You will be fully prepared and at ease once we start shooting on your big day.
1. Each of you should choose one elegant, formal outfit, and one casual outfit that makes you feel great in your own skin and shows off your personal style.
2. Instead of wearing matching outfits, try coordinating them by using complementary hues and textures.
3. Add some accessories to your outfits. Hats, jewelry, nails, florals, etc. These little things will magnify your personalities!
4. Don’t be afraid of patterns! Just remember that a little pattern goes a long way. Pair patterns and solids together. If one of you is wearing patterned clothing, have the other in a solid color complementing the pattern.
5. Avoid wearing clothing with brand logos or writing showing. Stay away from small zig zag prints as these become distorted when viewing on certain monitors.
6. Feel free to bring along your pup or any other animal with you! If they are a big part of your life, I want to meet them and capture your little family together.
7. Consider hiring a makeup artist and hair stylist. These photos will be shared for years to come, so you’ll want to feel the most beautiful.
8. I love engagement sessions with a specific style that showcase your personalities. From your location, to your outfits, to any items that mean the world to you, they all make up who you both are together! Whether you and your fiance love hiking and want to take your photos in the mountains with some L.L.Bean attire, or maybe your personalities are really relaxed and beachy, so you choose to go with a bohemian style on the coast with a flower crown and bare feet. Feel free to share any ideas you have with me and we can make them happen!
A few more things to think of the day before your session: Bring extra makeup for touch ups, hair spray, bobby pins, and comfortable shoes for walking from location to location. Make sure your ring is nice and shiny before we meet for your session! Lastly, let yourself be comfortable and casual with one another during shooting. My goal is to capture the essence of you & your relationship together. Feel free to snuggle in, talk, and laugh during your photos!